Last Updated on
Are you feeling overwhelmed in the process of choosing a WordPress Theme for your Vacation Rentals Website?
Having a website for your vacation rental is the right way to not leave money on the table and getting repetitive guests.
However, there are some steps to follow when building a website, and after having a hosting platform for your website, you will need to choose your theme.
Since I started working online, I have built many websites and all the time, the thing I disliked the most was choosing the right theme.
1. What is a WordPress theme?
Think about it like the plan of a house, like the clothes you wear.
The WordPress theme is deciding the look of your website and also the architecture of it.
2. Why it’s important to choose well your WordPress theme?
Once, you start working on your website, if you want to change the theme you were working with, you will lose all the nice look of your website.
This means that you will have to start all over again to design your website and give it the appearance you want.
That’s why, right now, I will share with you the best WordPress themes I found for vacation rentals.
3. Which features are a must for a WordPress Theme?
- Be responsive: the design has to stay nice on desktop, mobile, tablet and tv
- Social media friendly: is it easy to share and comment your website with this theme. For instance, with my theme from Divi, comes the Monarch plugin and it’s perfect to have the social share buttons on my posts and pages
- Appearance: before choosing a theme, check the look of both a page and a post
- Customization: can you still make some changes in the design without messing everything up?
- Support: is there a good support team to answer your questions? Divi team is always replying fast to my questions. I am thankful for this!
4. Which Theme do I use to save time on Website creation?
My theme for my last 2 websites is Divi.
Since I chose to work with Divi, I don’t have headaches anymore when building websites from scratch!
All I need to do when I want to create a new website is to check the available layouts and find the one most suitable for my industry.
You have tons of layouts available in their library! Once, you have found out which layout you want to work with, they have all the pages ready for you.
You just need to add your own words and change the pictures to put yours!
I built my most recent website in a few days and afterwards, people were already telling me that they loved it!
The best thing is that if you have several properties in different states, then you can build another website with Divi without having to pay more for it.
If you want to get it, you can use the link below, which will give me a small commission at no additional cost to you.
5. List of the Best WordPress Layouts in Divi for your vacation rentals
a- Beach House Divi Layout – Free with Divi
You can check the demo of it, here.
It has the right pages to have for you to show potential guests what you offer, give your rates and amenities, have your reviews, a contact page (for bookings) and a blog page (attractions).
It’s nice because it has a nice soft design with the white background.
b- Resort Divi Layout – FREE with Divi
This Divi layout is modern and with a lot of different pages for you to use.
c- B&B Layouts – FREE with Divi
This layout is designed especially for people having a Bed & Breakfast.
It’s a simple design but you have all the pages you need to display your offers, your story and a blog with tips of the area.
d- Restaurant Divi Layout – FREE with Divi
Although this Divi layout is labelled to be for restaurants, it works well for a vacation rental theme as well.
What I like the most of it, though you can get it through other ways without getting this layout, is the grid gallery with text and pics.
I can imagine it work really well for a property to showcase the different main points of the house.
Need Help Standing Out? Introducing the Free Webinar From Burning Out to Standing Out
Over to you, what’s your favorite WordPress theme for your vacation rental? What are you struggling with when building a website for your Airbnb?
Please, remember to pin me!
I’m Natacha, a French vegan Airbnb host who has been working online for the past 4 years. I help hosts stand out and make more money online so they can have a good work-life balance!