Last Updated on
Are you thinking that you want to build your brand and having a website is a way to start it. There are 2 ways to do this: you/a web designer can build and design a website for you or you can use one of the software platforms listed below which have been made especially for our vacation rental industry.
The advantages of one of the options below is that they have already a booking system built-in, which is one of the most important component of your website if you want to attract direct bookings.
For any vacation rental owner or manager, who want to scale, having a website is a must in my opinion.
That’s why, after saying so many of you asking in the facebook groups, what was the best solution, I decided to write a list of the different options available for you.
What’s are the software platforms you can use to build your vacation rental website?
Lodgify Platform Website builder
What is Lodgify?
Lodgify is a platform for vacation rental owners and property managers to
- Create a vacation rental website accepting bookings with credit card payments
- Manage all your bookings with synchronization with Airbnb and Booking, VRBO/HomeAway
Lodgify pricing is like many other platforms depending on how many vacation rental properties you are managing.
- Single Property. $36/month.
- 2-5 properties. $79/month.
- 6-15 properties. $124/month.
- 16-30 properties. $186/month.
- 31-50 properties. $249/month.
- 51-100 properties. $336/month.
Lodgify is getting very good reviews from users.
Pros of Lodgify – Vacation rental software platform
Vacation rental owners and property managers are mostly very satisfied with
- their website templates
- easy set-up of the website, booking system with the payment options
- good customer service and their ability to fix current tech issues
- possibility to add extra fees
Cons of Lodgify – Vacation rental software platform
They don’t have a Email Pop-up to build an email list of potential future guests. However, they do have a newsletter Mailchimp integration, but it doesn’t function as a Popup. Their core module of their solution is the Website Builder and they assured me that they will continue to invest heavily in improving their product.
Smoobu is a web-based software that helps you to manage your vacation rental effectively. This centres on vacation rental owners, who have a complete all-inclusive solution. This includes a PMS, channel manager, communication, website builder, payments, etc., and even a guest experience application.
- First Property (paid annually): $18/month
- Additional Properties: $5
Get $30 discount – 2 month for free using this link : Smoobu discount
Pros of choosing Smoobu
- User friendly & mobile app are the most
- Great support and easy to use. The app works really well
- The User interface is simple and the support team is wonderful
- Very easy to use and set up your rentals. Works very efficiently
Cons of choosing Smoobu
No invoicing system integrated
Bookalet: Website builder with online booking
This is an online management booking system for owners and the agents that will help and manage all the aspects of renting out holiday accommodations.
- Lite: From $120.00 per year (max 2 properties)
- Gold: From $162.00 per year ( max 19 properties)
- Agent: From $192.00 per year (max 1000 properties)
As a member of my community, you can use this link to get 10% discount and a 30-day-free-trial!
Pros of choosing Bookalet
- Easy to use and a lot of functionality
- Simple webpage integration. Good support from Bookalet.
- Useful features, very user friendly, free trial available
- Easy to integrate with my website, easy to use, can access anywhere.
Cons of choosing Bookalet
Lack of app
Guesty : Software of short term rental
This is a platform based on cloud designed exclusively for Airbnb and vacation rental managers. The automation tools, channel management and reporting capabilities in Guesty will allow you to see through all daily operations. It also keeps the same high level of services that your clients are used to and equally manage more properties.
Contact vendor to discuss pricing
Pros of choosing Guesty
- Intuitive: all-in-one operation; it gives you full control and unparalleled efficiency in terms of data management.
- Guesty will help you consolidate you vacation sites and property listings from dozens of short-term and managing all of them using a single account.
- You can get control over your entire business through the Guesty dashboard.
Cons of choosing Guesty
More expensive than some others
Your Porter: Vacation rental platforms
What’s Your Porter?
Your Porter App is also a cloud-based solution designed to help Airbnb hosts manage property listings and bookings across the web on a centralized platform. It has a unified calendar module, which automatically compiles reservation data from different platforms and organizes it into one place for quick access and management.
Your Porter Pricing
- Expanding Host: $5/listing/month (billed yearly) – no website builder, max 5 Airbnb accounts
- Pro-Host: $7/listing/month (billed yearly) – website builder included
Your Porter Reviews
Pros of choosing Your Porter
- Good overview and template is given,
- Messages are automated and saves time
- It is convenient and easy to use
Cons of choosing Your Porter
- There is need for a few more API connected channels.
- It takes time to setup
OwnerRez : vacation rental software for property managers and owners
What’s Owner Rez?
OwnerRez allows vacation rental owners to manage all the listing sites such as HomeAway, TripAdvisor or VRBO from a centralized location by directing the enquiry traffic flow. The product eliminates the paperwork required to manually handle reservations, record & accept payments and manage task scheduling.
With the help of OwnerRez, property owners can set up variable pricing that depends on factors such as seasons, weekdays, events and so on. Users can enter the date ranges for the high & low seasons and set variable rates for weekends and weekdays. Extra fees can be added for adults and pets with the help of rule setting, fully configurable by users.
Per property (first 2 properties): $19.99/month
|Properties 3 – 19||$3.00 / property|
|Properties 20 – 49||$2.00 / property|
|Properties 50 – 100||$1.00 / property|
|More than 100 properties||Contact them for special pricing|
Pros of choosing OwnerRez
- OwnerRez has the capability to manage multiple properties of the same owner located at different places.
- Offers various templates and themes to customize look and feel of quotes and emails.
- OwnerRez does not require any software to be installed on the user’s computer but can be accessed through any web browser on a PC, Mac or smartphone.
Cons of choosing OwnerRez
The rates database is separate from the seasons database and some feel if the rates were included in the seasons database it would make the setup process a little easier.
Zeevou: Best Channel Manager Awards from Short Term Rentalz 2020!
Zeevou is a Property Management System and Channel Manager that automates almost all areas of your short term rental business, optimises processes, and minimises human error.
Zeevou has 3 pricing:
- a free version which allows you to have a direct booking website as a subdomain of Zeevou “_________.zeevou.com”
- a price per month per rooms : starting at £4.95 a month per room
- a price per month per apartments: starting at £19.95 a month per flat
This is your turn now: Tell us in the comment which platform for your vacation rental solution did you choose?
Do you want ideas for your website design? Be sure to check out this live training I did about it.
Are you looking for a profesional to build the website for you? Contact me here.
Please remember to pin it!
I’m Natacha, a French vegan Airbnb host who has been working online for the past 4 years. I help hosts stand out and make more money online so they can have a good work-life balance!