Last Updated on
Very often I see a lot of the members of groups for Airbnb hosts mentioning a big drop in bookings since Thanksgiving 2019. Yes, it might be because of the shootings or another change of algorithm in Airbnb or some glitches in the system. However, as a marketing strategist, I prefer to focus on practical solutions rather than on external factors that you cannot change.So here is my Social Media tips for Airbnb Hosts 101:
- Mention in your Facebook personal profile bio about your listing, like in the example below
2. Add the link of your listing in your Facebook personal bio as well (see example above) or use Linktr.ee if you have several listings
3. Change your Facebook cover picture to mention your place with a great review on it and the link to it in the caption (see example below)
4. Join FB groups of your target guests
5. Be active in those groups and mention your place when adequate (as mentioned in the video above)
6. Mention your place on Instagram with the right hashtags specific to your audience (do not choose hashtags which are super wide! something around 2000 – 20000 max!)
One of my students is now getting 1-5 bookings per post on Instagram thanks to my hashtag strategy!!! I am teaching the strategy in my Bookings Accelerator Course
7. Find local bloggers or influencers in your niche. But make sure that they are specific to your ideal guests and have a range wide enough!
8. Start commenting on those people account (genuinely!!) to start building a good relationship with them + be seen by their followers in the comments!
9. Have your listing link on your Instagram bio.
All of those points and more are discussed in detail in the Social Media Bookings Accelerator Mini-course
For more information, don’t hesitate to check out my free Masterclass “6 Social Media Myths that prevent hosts from getting more bookings“
Ready to take action? Comment with your favorite emoji / GIF to show that you are ready to promote your vacation rental as an Airbnb host!!
I’m Natacha, a French vegan Airbnb host who has been working online for the past 4 years. I help hosts stand out and make more money online so they can have a good work-life balance!