Last Updated on
I will be honest, it’s not easy every day! I have to admit sometimes, Leandro needs to remind me to add some things into my diet to have a more complete diet, because yes as a vegan, we need to look even more carefully on what we eat while breastfeeding.
That’s why, since last week, I decided to add a new routine to my life to kick-start my day: I will prepare myself red smoothie protein boost for my breakfast. It’s only the first part of my breakfast, to help my system to work again after a whole night of rest/fast.
It was so healthy that I want to share with you the recipe.
It is for everyone, breastfeeding or not, vegan or not, but it’s definitely for people who want to eat healthy!
Ingredients (serving for 1):
- 1/2 cooked beet or 1 handful of frozen red berries
- 1 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp of maca root powder (or another good organic flour/powder)
- 2 Tbsp of protein powder (mine is from greenpeas, hemp seeds and rice)
- 20 cl of rice milk (or any vegetal milk/water)
- 1 Tbsp of almond butter cream
- Pour everything in a high-speed blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your glass and serve.
Full of Protein, Calcium, Carbs, Fiber, Folate, Vit B12 and Vit B.
If you like smoothies, check out our other smoothie recipe for a green smoothie that I love !!
Enjoy this morning red smoothie!
Do you like this recipe as much as I do? Share in comments what are your favorite fruits to put in a smoothie!
I’m Natacha, a French vegan Airbnb host who has been working online for the past 4 years. I help hosts stand out and make more money online so they can have a good work-life balance!