Are you craving for a good and healthy salad?
Stay here then, because I just tried one of the best vegan salad ever!!
Yesterday, I was very hungry and I told it to my partner Leandro. Well, he said quickly “I will cook something for you!”
It was so good that I want to share with you the recipe.
It is for everyone, vegan or not, but it’s definitely for people who want to eat healthy and yummy!
Ingredients (serving for 2):
- 1 seitan patty
- 150 g of chickpeas (soaked in water with vinager 12 hours before)
- 75g of quinoa
- 2 sheets of Nori Seaweed
- 30g arugula
- 1/4 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 Tbsp of black sesame seeds
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp wine vinegar
1/4 tsp black salt
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinager
1/2 lemon juice
pink salt and white pepper to taste
1. Cook chickpeas and quinoa in a low heat to keep the vitamins
2. Cut 2 sheets of Nori Seaweed
3. Mix Nori Seaweeds, Olive Oil, wine vinegar and black salt in a glass
4. Use that sauce to mix in the quinoa and chickpeas once they are cooked
5. Put in a big bowl
6. Put a layer of arugula on top of the quinoa and chickpeas salad
7. Cut a onion in a thick slice
8. Let it fry in a low heat to get it “caramelized”
9. Add Cumin on top on the onion slices
10. Use the oil in the pan to put on top of the onion slices so that the onion absorbs the cumin
11. Fry the seitan patty in a pan with a garlic clove to add flavour
12. Add the onion slices above the arugula layer
13. Cut the seitan patty in sticks and put them around the onion slices
14. Cut a tomato in slice and put them in the salad
15. Add the toppings: raisins, black sesame seeds
16. Do a second sauce: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, pink salt and white pepper
17. Add the sauce over the salad to give flavour to the 2nd layer of the salad (the 1st layer of the salad has another sauce which gives another flavour in your mouth)
If you like vegan recipes, check out our other recipes here.
Full of mineral salts, vitamins (vit B12!), Potassium, Proteins, fiber, oils and amino acids
That’s it for my partner Leandro’s recipe. In my experience, it’s a very delicious dish to eat and the best is that he created a dish with very healthy ingredients and with a high nutritional intake.
It’s a dish to respect your health.
We advise you to use the 1st sauce (with the Nori Seaweed) often in summer because Extra Virgin Olive Oil is very healthy, wine vinegar is a strong antioxident and Nori seaweed has a high nutritional value in minerals, vitamins (including B12!), potassium, proteins and fiber.
It will really help you to get food with good nutritional value and feel better in summer because it will help you to have a good digestion. The mineral will help to keep you hydrated. As a consequence, you will have more energy in your body to enjoy the Hot Summer Days!
Enjoy this nice vegan salad!
Do you like this recipe as much as I do? Share in comments what you love to put the most in your salads!
I’m Natacha, a French vegan Airbnb host who has been working online for the past 4 years. I help hosts stand out and make more money online so they can have a good work-life balance!