Did you see the video shock about tampons in France? Are you still using tampons or sanitary pads? Well, have a look at this video to know why you should stop now!
After seeing this video, I knew I had to do a post to tell you how to change your life from my own experience.
I stopped using tampons in 2016, and I can say that I am very happy with this decision. I had been using them along with sanitary pads since I was adolescent, but in 2014 I grew more and more interested in the Zero Waste Movement.
That’s why, after talking with my friend Fanny Moritz, who owns the Zero Waste platform NO!W No Waste, and being more confident on how to use a Mooncup, I decided to try it out. On Christmas time, I offered myself this new healthy solution –what’s better than get something good for your health as a gift?– and since then, I haven’t used any tampons or sanitary pads anymore.
I know that you might be sceptical because believe me I had the same worries. However, let me tell you why I made that step and I will never go back to the old solution.
Let’s see why?
- It’s easy to put inside. It’s like a tampon, once you learn the way to put it, then, it’s easy 🙂
- You won’t feel it much. I feel quite free with this cup, I don’t feel it much, only right after I put it inside.
- You will be free-of-mind for a longer time than a tampon. Depending on your period flow and your age, you have to choose between 2 sizes. I can keep my cup the whole night without a problem!
The biggest plus of it is:
You will never think again “oh, shit, I don’t have tampons anymore in my purse!” You will have your cup in its nice cotton bag and once you have to empty it, you can do it in the toilet.
- It’s easy to clean. At home, you can wash it directly in your sink and in the public toilet, you can clean it using your bottle of water.
- It’s better for your wallet. The Moon Cup costs around 20€ and you will have to change it 3-4 times in your life. In comparison to what you would pay for your tampons, you will save a lot on it in your life!
- It’s eco-friendly. Using tampons is causing a lot of waste and the release of chemical produts in the earth. You will only need 3-4 cups in your lifetime, so your environmental print will be much lower.
You might ask yourself Do I still have to use sanitary pads with it? I recommend you to use washable sanitary pads which are good for the environment and won’t make you be in contact with chemical products.
I hope this post helped you in a way! It’s just a personal choice, but I can tell you that’s it’s the best one for you during your period!
I’m Natacha, a French vegan Airbnb host who has been working online for the past 4 years. I help hosts stand out and make more money online so they can have a good work-life balance!